Exercise 1: To check Application Status under Evaluation section.
- Select Evaluation from Dashboard home screen.
- Select from the applications listing the Application Form name for the application you want to evaluate.
Select Application from Evaluation home page.
Click on Applicant Status in the Evaluation Dashboard of the specific application
- The Applicant Status section is a report feature that allows you to view your applicant activity and their current Status/Status Detail as the applications are being completed, as well as view their current Status and Status Details as they are moving through the application review process. The Applicant Status report is also where you can manually change a Status/Status Detail of an applicant.
Applicant Status Report – Viewing Applicant’s Dashboard/Staff Sections
There are occasions when it is necessary to view the applicant’s dashboard from their perspective and to be able to edit or complete questions within the Section’s.
1) You have created Staff Sections to be completed by Staff.
2) The applicant needs assistance uploading a document to their application or answering a specific question.
2) You need to see the documents that have been uploaded.
3) You need to see who they have recommended for a request section.
3) You need to see if the recommender accepted or declined the request from the applicant.
Note: In order for the Admin to edit an application after the application’s or section’s deadline you will need to make sure that you have set the setting in the Administration Dashboard – Site Settings – Disable Section Locks for Admin: to “Yes”. (The only exception to this is Staff Sections, which can be edited after the deadline, even if not disabled)
- Search By: Allows you to search for a single applicant by entering their information to search on the following: (you can search on one of the items or all by entering the data and clicking the Search Button)
- Last Name
- First Name
(Note: these items are looking for the applicant data that was created when the applicant created their log-in account, not the actual information that is entered in question fields within the application.)
- Filter By Status: allows you to filter the applicant status grid report to only show a specific group of applicants according to the Status/Status Detail.
- Change Status/Status Detail To: Allows you to select an applicant and change their status/status detail in the application process.
- Number of Applicants: Depending on the Filter used above this will show the number of applicants under that Status/Status detail filter. Select “All” on both filters to see the total number of applicants that have applied to this application.
- Batch Student Info Update: (Used when Integrating with an External System, i.e. Banner, PeopleSoft) When you click the button it will update all the applicant application data with data from the external site. This data is not automatically updated and therefore you will need to click this button to update.
- Release Sections: Releases a section back to an applicant
- Admin PDF: Creates a combined PDF of the applicant’s entire application and uploaded attachments. The PDF shows all the questions and sections in the application form. Nothing will be hidden. Select the check box next to the applicant’s name and click this button to run the PDF.
- Applicant PDF: Creates a combined PDF of the applicant’s application and uploaded attachments. The PDF will not show any questions triggered by conditions that they did not answer, will not show replies to request sections, will not show any item marked hidden from applicant, and will not show entries for staff sections. Select the check box next to the applicant’s name and click this button to run the PDF.
- Reviewer PDF: Creates a combined PDF of the applicant’s application and uploaded attachments. The PDF will not show any question from staff sections, or any question marked as hide from reviewer. Select the check box next to the applicant’s name and click this button to run the PDF.
(Note: When running the PDF’s above there is a one minute delay from the applicants entering data on a live application, before uploads will appear in the PDF Document.)
- Export to Excel: Exports the Applicant Status Report to an Excel document
- Notify: Allows you to send a notification email to applicants
- Score Sheet: From the Score Sheet you can see the committee scores, view a table view of the entire applicant’s application, and view attached documents.
- Applicant: Applicant name as it appears in their user log-in profile. This is not the name they enter as part of a question in their application when filling out the actual application. Clicking on this name will open the applicant’s application dashboard.
- Email: Applicant email as it appears in the user log-in profile. Not the email that is entered as part of a question in their application when filling out the actual application.
- Net ID: this is the NetID that can be created when the applicant creates their user log-in profile in the Communityforce site. If using integration to an external program this is the identifying ID on that external site. (i.e. Banner, PeopleSoft) (The Global Admin has the ability to rename this column as well as turn off the view of this column in the Administration – Site Settings)
- Submitted Date & Time: Once the applicant clicks the submit button on their dashboard and submits their completed application, this column will show the date and time that they submitted.
- Status: The application process status category that the applicant currently is in.
- Status Detail: The application process status detail (stage) the applicant is currently in.
- Released: Shows if the Admin has released a section back to an applicant for completion.
- Yes – the section has been released and waiting for completion
- No – there are no sections released for completion
- Notification Date: When an email is sent using the Notify button the date that the email was sent will appear here.
- Comments: Used when changing the status/status detail to show a comment as to why this was manually changed.
- Requested: When using Request Sections in an application, this column will show if the applicant has requested someone to complete the request section on their behalf, as well as show the percentage “%” of request they have requested.
- Null – they have not recommended anyone to completed the request section
- 100% – applicant has sent recommend requests for all their applicable request sections
- % number less than 100 % – means they have not sent recommend request for all their applicable request sections.
- Received: When using Request Sections in an application, this column will show if the recommended individual has gone and completed the request section on behalf of the applicant and clicked the submit on that section only.
- Null – the requested individual has not completed the request section on behalf of the applicant.
- 100% – the Requested individual has completed the request section and clicked the submit on that section only.
- % number less than 100% – means the requested individual has started to fill out the section but has not yet completed the request section
- Delete: Use with Caution. The red “X” at the end of the applicant information will allow you to delete an applicant’s application.
- Pending Submission – the applicant has started their application but not yet submitted. (Status shows on Applicant’s Dashboard)
- Submitted – the applicant has completed their application, and clicked the submit button on their dashboard. (Status shows on Applicant’s Dashboard)
- Additional Info Requested - the Admin has released a section back to an applicant, that already submitted their application, (but not yet awarded) requesting additional information, using the “Release a Section” option. (Status “not” shown on Applicant Dashboard)
- Withdrawn – the applicant decides to withdraw their application by clicking the withdraw application option on their personal dashboard. (Status shows on Applicant’s Dashboard)
- Under Committee Review - Applicant has been assigned to a committee member for review. (Status “not” shown on Applicant Dashboard)
- Not Selected for Award - (not an automatic field) Admin must change manually when not selected for an award. (Status not shown on Applicant Dashboard)
- Selected for Award - (not an automatic field) Admin must change manually when selected for an award. (Status not shown on Applicant Dashboard)
- Award Accepted - Once the applicant accepts an award this is automatically updated. (Status not shown on Applicant Dashboard)
- Award Declined - If the applicant declines an award this is updated. (Status not shown on Applicant Dashboard)
- Request Pending - Applicant has submitted their application, and they have recommended a request section be completed, but the individual they requested to complete the section for them has not completed the request section. (Status not shown on Applicant Dashboard)
Status Details: These are custom stages and applicants are only moved to a Status Detail manually, this is not automatic. (For information on creating Status Details – See the Administration Section: How to Create Status Details)
To view the Applicant’s Dashboard:
- Locate the applicant in the Applicant Status Report grid.
- Under the column “Applicant” click on the applicant’s name to open the following screen
Viewing Applicant’s Attached Documents
- Click on the Preview Application button located at the top of the applicant’s dashboard to open the Application Summary Report.
- Scroll to the end of the document to see all the attached documents and the dates they were uploaded.
- Click on a document to open it.
Download the “Evaluating Applicant Status Report” guide