- You may create an on-line score sheet for each evaluation task/step by clicking on the Create/Edit next to that task in the Score Sheet column.
- Click on Add Questions. Questions are added in the same manner they are added to an Application.
1.2.1 Creating a Question using the Question Editor Box
Question: Enter the task question that is to be answered by the reviewer of a specific task in the Question editor box. If you desire to enter this text using HTML coding, you can do so by clicking on the HTML text tab at the bottom of the editor box.
Design Mode This editor will allow you to format text similar to how you would do so in Microsoft Word. Using this feature you can change the font-size, color, style, etc., as well as add additional formatting features to your question as needed.
HTML text If you desire to enter this text using HTML you can do so by clicking on the HTML text tab at the bottom of the editor box.
1.2.2 Adding a Bubble instructions
These instructions are brief helpful hints displayed to the reviewer regarding the information requested on this question. A blue icon will appear next to the question. When the reviewer places their cursor on this icon the information will be displayed to them. Enter any instruction for the question that will be helpful to the reviewer. If you have important detailed instructions regarding how to answer a question, it may be better to include that explanation as part of the Question itself or to add an additional “message type” question prior to this question. This will insure that the instructions are not missed by the reviewer.
Example of Bubble Instructions:
Question: Please enter your Date of Birth:
Bubble Instruction: use date format xx/xx/xxxx
1.2.3 Adding a Report/Excel Column Name
This is the name that appears as your column headings in Excel exports and reports created in the CommunityForce system. Therefore, it is important to keep this name as a short descriptive version of your question so that you do not make your column headers in your reports so long that you are having to scroll through multiple pages to be able to view.
Question Please enter your Last Name only:
Report/Excel Column Name Last Name
1.2.4 Review of Each Question Type
- Checkbox The Reviewer is presented with predetermined values to select from via a checkbox. All values are displayed on the application. Applicant can check multiple values.
- Currency A numeric field formatted with a dollar sign
- Date – Allows for a date format of: mm/dd/yyyy
- DropDown The Reviewer is presented with predetermined values to select from a dropdown listing. Reviewer can only select one value from the list.
- Email – Allows for an email format: email@example.com
- EssayBox A large data entry area that allows text entry. May have a minimum and maximum number of words.
- Extended Checkbox The Reviewer is presented with predetermined values to select from via a checkbox. The values are only displayed when the Reviewer clicks on the checkbox dropdown. Multiple values can be selected.
- File Allows the reviewer to upload a document to the question.
- Float – Numeric with special characters. Approximate numeric numbers
- Numeric – Exact numeric numbers. Best for using arithmetic calculations for exact results.
- Phone Number Allows for a phone number format of: xxx-xxx-xxxx
- RadioButton The Reviewer is presented with predetermined values to select via a radio button. Only one value can be selected. All values are visible on the application.
- Text A short data entry text field.
- Message Allows you to enter a read only message statement, instead of a value related question.
1.2.5 How to use a Date Question Type and Set Parameters
The Date Question Type allows you to set the question type as a date field in which the reviewer enters a date as the value. A calendar will appear that the reviewer can select the date from.
(Note: when cloning applications with date type questions, you will need to make sure that the new applications date ranges have been moved forward appropriately, the system will not do this for you.)
Min Date – Enter the minimum date that the reviewer can enter.
Max Date – Enter the maximum date the reviewer can enter.
1.2.6 Setting up Questions that require labels and values
Checkbox, Extended Checkbox, Dropdown, and Radio Button question types allow you to create a listing of values for the reviewer to choose from. Examples:
- Once you select the question type a Value button will appear to the right. Values are used to set the display values assigned to question types that are check boxes, radio buttons and drop down question types. It must be entered as a “pair”. If using a rubric scoring system you will enter the score for the selected value in the Display Values setup.
Label The Label entry is the value displayed to the reviewer
Value – Value entry is the report value. If the value is a number, the number will be used as part of the on-line score sheet numeric scoring. (Rubric scoring)
1.2.7 How to use a File Question Type
File Question types are used when you require that a document be uploaded by the reviewer during the review process.
Accepted file types: xls, xlsx, pdf, doc, docx, html. When listing the extensions do not enter a period before the file extension
Note: Although the above file types are accepted, if you are using the Generate PDF feature it is required that all uploads be uploaded as PDF documents, formatted in Portrait mode, sized to 8-1/2” x 11”. Only files less than 20mb can be uploaded to the program.
1.2.8 The Use of Messages in Application
Message question types are used to create a message statement to the reviewer, instead of creating a question for the reviewer to reply to. Message questions are useful in creating a header titles to separate multiple parts of a section.
When using the message question type, you will type the message in the Question box and format it to how you would like it to visible by the reviewer.
1.2.9 How to Use Numeric Fields and Set parameters
Numeric fields are used when numeric values are required or you need to run exact calculations on the numeric values entered by the reviewer. The only separator characters allowed in numeric question types are decimals.
- When using the Numeric question type you have the option to control the length of the reply value.
- Maximum Length
Sets the number of numeric characters allowed when replying to this question. (i.e. 4.00 = Max. length of 4 characters. The reviewer will not be able to enter a numeric value longer than 4 characters long including the decimal.
1.2.10 How to Use Text Field
1.2.11 How to Use Essay Box Text Field and Set Word Count
The Essay Box question type is used when a reply value requires a lengthy text statement to be typed.
Min Word Count Enter the minimum number of words you require for a reply to the specific question. If you have a maximum but do not require a minimum you can enter “0”.
Max Word Count Enter the maximum number of words you require for a reply to the specific question. (i.e. max word = 500 will only allow the applicant to enter 500 words)
A dialogue box will appear on the reviewer’s dashboard next to the question, where they can type their reply to the essay question.
1.2.12 When to use the Email Type Question
The Email question type is used only when the required value is an email address. Using the Email question type will only allow a correct email format to be entered in the field. (i.e. firstname.lastname@example.org)
1.2.13 How to Use the Phone Number and Force Format
The following format selections are available:
1.2.14 When to use the Currency Question Type
When a required value is a numeric currency value it is suggested that you use the Currency question type to allow for the formatting of the value in to a currency format. Once the value is entered by the reviewer a Currency symbol will appear on their reply. Prior to setting up the application the administrator should have already preset the main currency type of your organization, (i.e. Dollar $ or Euro €, etc.)
1.2.15 Marking a Question Required
In the Question Setup there is an option “Required” If a question on the evaluation is required and must be answered by the reviewer, you can mark that question as required and the reviewer’s dashboard will not show as 100% complete until the question has been answered.
1.2.16 Adding the Scoring Comment
Only one question per task/step is allowed to be checked as the Scoring Comment. It will be displayed as “Comment” on reports and is used for the reviewer to enter their comments regarding the scoring of the specific applicant on that task/step. The question type should be an EssayBox if the question is to be a comment question so that the reviewer can type their comment in the essay field.
1.2.17 Setting up the Score Card Question Display Order
“Display Order” is the sort order sequence number of the question as it appears on the page as the reviewer is reading the questions. If you enter a number that is already being used by another question in that section, the new question will take that number in the sequence and move the prior question after it the next number in the sequence and all other questions below will be moved down one count. This is a required field when creating questions and cannot be left blank.
1.2.18 Adding a Sample Applicant Download File to a Question
If you have a document that may be informational to the reviewer in order to answer a specific question, or a template that the reviewer can fill out and upload to a question, you can attach that document directly to the question referring to it, (i.e. the reviewer needs to see the policy and procedures: you can create the question and attach the policy and procedures document directly to the question for the reviewer to view)
Enter a Description to appear for the uploaded document. If you desire to enter this text using HTML coding, you can do so by clicking on the HTML text tab at the bottom of the editor box.
This editor will allow you to format text similar to how you would do so in Microsoft Word. Using this feature you can change the font-size, color, style, etc., as well as add additional formatting features to your question as needed.
If you desire to enter this text using HTML you can do so by clicking on the HTML text tab at the bottom of the editor box.
1.2.19 How to Upload A File to Attach to the Question
- When creating a question in the add question, the option to upload a file
- File option appears in the setup, click the Browse button to search for the file and upload to the question.
- Once you upload the file it will appear in the upload File field to the left of the Browse button.
- Once you Save and Exit and return to the question it will appear to the right of the Browse button.
1.2.20 How to Remove a File
Once you have uploaded a document you can remove the file by clicking on the “Remove File” next to the Upload File.
Be sure to also clear the information from the description field if you are remove the document that it refers to.
Be sure to click Save, or Save & Exit to save the question and any changes.
1.2.21 How to Delete a Question from the Score Sheet
You can delete a question in the Task Score Sheet by clicking on the red “X” next to the Question you would like to delete.
You will receive a message to confirm the deletion. Click yes.
Once the question has been deleted you will receive a message stating that is has been deleted. Click ok.
1.2.22 Editing a Task/Evaluation Step
- Once your task has been created it will show in the listing of Tasks.
- To Edit a Task, click on the Task Name to open the Add/Edit Tasks. Be sure to Click on Save or Save and Exit to save any changes you have made.
1.2.23 Deleting a Task/Evaluation Step
- To Delete a Task, click on the red “X” next to the Task Name in the task listing.
- You will receive the System Message 189: Are you sure you want to delete this task/step? Select Yes and you will receive a Status Update 190: That the task/step has been deleted.
- Select OK and you will return to the Task listing.