1.1 Creating a Competition(Scholarship, Fellowship, Research Grant)
- Click on the Grants button to create a new Grant/Fund.
The Global Administrator has the ability to set other controls to be added to this screen based on your current process and how you will be using the Fund Setup. Before proceeding, be sure to consult with your Global Admin to be sure that fields be made available for your use. Module 2 – Administration Section Guide describes these controls in greater detail.
The Grants/Funds screen has the following sections:
- Grants/Funds Name: Name of the Grant/Fund – required section
- Associated Application: The Application created for the Grant/Fund in the new system. The Naming convention is the Grant/Fund name plus the year. This will be used later in the process.
- Sponsoring Organization: The Organization(s) responsible for the Grant/Fund.
- Annual Budget: The total amount to be awarded in the current Grant/Fund cycle. This is a required field so must be entered at the time the Grant/Fund is setup but can be updated at any time.
- General Ledger Account: If you use an external database you can enter the General Ledger Account that is used to track this fund in your accounting system, for easy reference.
- Award Amount: The total number or awards to be given for this particular Grant/Fund. (i.e. Award amount typically ranges from $1,000 to $2,000 each and 5 to 10 Grants/Funds are awarded annually.)
- Email Signature: Used to override the site contact email in the Administration>Site Setting, this would be the email of the individual responsible for the fund/application. Only overrides if there is an application associated to the fund.
- Published: This allows the Grant/Fund to be viewable by the students. Mark “yes” to allow it to be viewable, and click “no” if it is to be hidden.
- Allow Non-(your org. name) Applicants:
- Select “yes” only if the Grant/Fund is available to applicants that are not a member of your organization, otherwise select “no”.
- Allow (your org. name) Applicants: Select “yes” to allow applicants that are members of your organization to apply for this specific Grant/Fund.
- Brief Description: Short Description of the Grant/Fund that is available to the public.
- Description: Full description of the Grant/Fund which is only available after the student logs in. This is viewable only to those that you have allowed as noted above
- Application Information: message regarding specific application information as it relates to this funding source. The information will be viewable in the Search under Fund details for the particular award. This is viewable only to those that you have allowed as noted above.
- Special Eligibility Requirements: Special Eligibility Requirements set forth in the Grant/Fund that are required to be considered for this Grant/Fund.
- Restrictions to Use of Award: Restrictions to how the Grant/Fund shall be used if awarded.
- Links to Additional Information: Links to Additional Information that you may want to include for this specific Grant/Fund.
1.2 Editing Existing Fund
While in the Grants/Funds section, click on the Name of the Specific Fund you wish to Edit. This will open up the Grants/Funds Details page. Make any appropriate changes and click on Save or Save and Exit to save the changes.
1.3 How to Delete a Fund
- While in the Grants/Funds section, click on the “X” at the end of the Grant/fund you want to edit.
- A Confirm message will appear, click yes to accept the deletion of the grant/fund.
*Caution: deleting a grant fund will delete any information tied to the fund as well.
1.4 How to Search for a Fund
While in the Grants/Funds section, you can search for a specific grant/fund in the listing by using the Search By: feature located at the top of the section. You can search by one or all of the search filters and click the Search button to locate the grant/fund.
- Grants/Funds Name: search the name of the Grant/Fund
- Annual Amount Available: Allows you to search for all grants/funds for a specific annual amount available
- Application Name: Allows you to search for all grants/funds by the Application they are linked to.
1.5 How to Preview a Fund
You can preview how a grant/fund will appear to the applicant by clicking on the Preview Icon
next to the Grant/Fund you want to preview. The View Grants/Funds Details view will appear for you to preview.
1.6 How to Export the Funds Listing to Excel
If you would like an Excel spreadsheet report of all the Grants/Funds you currently have set up in your program, click the Export to Excel button. This will give you an Excel report showing the Grant/Fund Name, Annual Amount Available, and the Application Name for the application it is linked to.
1.7 Adding a Contact to a Fund (Optional)
Contacts – (you will need to save the data you entered for the actual Grant/Fund above, before proceeding to entering contact information) (must first have Contacts activated in Administration>Site Settings)
The Admin responsible for the Grant/Fund. You can enter multiple contacts if more than one Admin is responsible for the Grant/Fund.
To add a contact click on the Add A Contact button.
Contacts must already have a profile account set up in the Users Section of this program.
- Use the Search By: feature to search the Users table list for the contact you are wanting to attach to this Grant/Fund (you can search on one or more of the search options available).
- A listing of names that meet the search criteria you selected will appear, click the Add next to the name you would like to include
- You will receive a confirmation message saying that the Contact added successfully. Click OK to confirm and the name will appear under the Contacts section.
- To remove a contact click the “X” next to the name you would like to remove.
1.8 Adding a Donor to the Fund (Optional)
- Donors (must have the Donors option activated in Administration>Site Settings to be able to add donor info)
- To add donors click on the Add A Donor button.
- The Add/Edit Donor screen will appear. Enter the donor information and click Save to save it to the Grants/Funds.
- The Donor information will appear under the Donors Section.
- To remove a donor click the “X” next to the name you would like to remove.