- From the administrators Home page select Evaluations Grant Applicants
- Select from the applications listing the Application Form name for the application you want to evaluate.
- The Application’s Evaluations dashboard will appear. Select Evaluation Setup.
1.2 Reviewing the Applicants that Applied
The Applicant Status section is a report feature that allows you to view your applicant activity and their current Status/Status Detail as the applications are being completed, as well as view their current Status and Status Details as they are moving through the application review process. The Applicant Status report is also where you can manually change a Status/Status Detail of an applicant.
The Applicant Status Report is available for each individual application you have created in the CommunityForce site.
1) Search By: Allows you to search for a single applicant by entering their information to search on the following: (you can search on one of the items or all by entering the data and clicking the Search Button)
- Last Name
- First Name
(Note: these items are looking for the applicant data that was created when the applicant created their log-in account, not the actual information that is entered in question fields within the application.)
2) Filter By Status: allows you to filter the applicant status grid report to only show a specific group of applicants according to the Status/Status Detail.
3) Change Status/Status Detail To: Allows you to select an applicant and change their status/status detail in the application process.
4) Number of Applicants: Depending on the Filter used above this will show the number of applicants under that Status/Status detail filter. Select “All” on both filters to see the total number of applicants that have applied to this application.
5) Batch Student Info Update: (Used when Integrating with an External System, i.e. Banner, PeopleSoft) When you click the button it will update all the student application data with data from the external site. This data is not automatically updated and therefore you will need to click this button to update.
6) Release Sections: Releases a section back to an applicant
7) Admin PDF: Creates a combined PDF of the applicant’s entire application and uploaded attachments. Shows all the questions and sections in the application form. Nothing will be hidden. Select the check box next to the applicant’s name and click this button to run the PDF.
8) Applicant PDF: Creates a combined PDF of the applicant’s application and uploaded attachments. Will not show any questions triggered by conditions that they did not answer, will not show replies to request sections, will not show any item marked hidden from applicant, and will not show entries for staff sections. Select the check box next to the applicant’s name and click this button to run the PDF.
9) Reviewer PDF: Creates a combined PDF of the applicant’s application and uploaded attachments. Will not show any question from staff sections, or any question marked as hide from reviewer. Select the check box next to the applicant’s name and click this button to run the PDF.
(Note: When running the PDF’s above there is a one minute delay from the applicants entering data on a live application, before uploads will appear in the PDF Document.)
10) Export to Excel: Exports the Applicant Status Report to an Excel document
11) Notify: Allows you to send a notification email to applicants
12) Score Sheet: From the Score Sheet you can see the committee scores, view a table view of the entire applicants application, and view attached documents.
13) Applicant: Applicant name as it appears in their user log-in profile. This is not the name they enter as part of a question in their application when filling out the actual application. Clicking on this name will open the applicant’s application dashboard.
14) Email: Applicant email as it appears in the user log-in profile. Not the email that is entered as part of a question in their application when filling out the actual application.
15) Net ID: this is the NetID that can be created when the applicant creates their user log-in profile in the Communityforce site. If using integration to an external program this is the identifying ID on that external site. (i.e. Banner, PeopleSoft)
16) Submitted Date & Time: Once the applicant clicks the submit button on their dashboard and submits their completed application, this column will show the date and time that they submitted.
17) Status: The application process status category that the applicant currently is in.
18) Status Detail: The application process status detail (stage) the applicant is currently in.
19) Released: Shows if the administrator has released a section back to an applicant for completion.
- Yes – the section has been released and waiting for completion
- No – there are no sections released for completion
20) Notification Date: When an email is sent using the Notify button the date that the email was sent will appear here.
21) Comments: Used when change the status/status detail to show a comment as to why this was manually changed.
22) Requested: When using Request Sections in an application, this column will show if the applicant has requested someone to complete the request section on their behalf, as well as show the percentage “%” of request they have requested.
- Null they have not recommended anyone to completed the request section
- 100% applicant has sent recommend requests for all their applicable request sections
- % number less than 100 % means they have not sent recommend request for all their applicable request sections.
23) Received: When using Request Sections in an application, this column will show if the recommended individual has gone and completed the request section on behalf of the applicant and clicked the submit on that section only.
- Null the requested individual has not completed the request section on behalf of the applicant.
- 100% the Requested individual has completed the request section and clicked the submit on that section only.
- % number less than 100% means the requested individual has started to fill out the section but has not yet completed the request section
24) Delete: Use with Caution. The red “X” at the end of the applicant information will allow you to delete an applicant’s application.
1.3 Applicant Status Report – Status/Status Detail Functions
Status and Status Detail
As applicants move through the application process they’re categorized into different stages called Status and Status Detail. Depending on where they are in the process, determines which Status and Status Detail the applicant is moved to.
In the Applicant Status Report, the applicant’s current status and a status detail are shown in the Status and Status Detail columns.
Status and Status Detail Definitions
Status: The Status stage is automatically updated as specific events occur.
- Pending Submission the applicant has started their application but not yet submitted. (Status shows on Applicant’s Dashboard)
- Submitted the applicant has completed their application, and clicked the submit button on their dashboard. (Status shows on Applicant’s Dashboard)
- Additional Info Requested the administrator has released a section back to an applicant, that already submitted their application, (but not yet awarded) requesting additional information, using the “Release a Section” option. (Status “not” shown on Applicant Dashboard)
- Withdrawn the applicant decides to withdraw their application by clicking the withdraw application option on their personal dashboard. (Status shows on Applicant’s Dashboard)
- Under Committee Review Applicant has been assigned to a committee member for review. (Status “not” shown on Applicant Dashboard)
- Not Selected for Award (not an automatic field) Administrator must change manually when not selected for an award. (Status not shown on Applicant Dashboard)
- Selected for Award (not an automatic field) Administrator must change manually when selected for an award. (Status not shown on Applicant Dashboard)
- Award Accepted Once the applicant accepts an award this is automatically updated. (Status not shown on Applicant Dashboard)
- Award Declined If the applicant declines an award this is updated. (Status not shown on Applicant Dashboard)
- Request Pending Student has submitted their application, and they have recommended a request section be completed, but the individual they requested to complete the section for them has not completed the request section. (Status not shown on Applicant Dashboard)
Status Details: These are custom stages and applicants are only moved to a Status Detail manually, this is not automatic. (For information on creating Status Details – See the Administration Section: How to Create Status Details)
When viewing applicants in the Applicant Status Report you can view “All” applicants or you also have the option to filter out and show only Applicants within a specific Status and/or Status Detail group.
When filtering, the Number of Applicants in the Applicant Status Report will show as the number according to the number of applicants appearing in that Status or Status Detail only.
1) To filter by a specific Status/Status Detail open the drop down menu next to the Status you want to filter on.
2) Select the Status item in the drop down menu
3) Once you select the item system will automatically run the report to show only those applicants that meet that Status/Status Detail.
Change Status/Status Detail to: Allows you to change the current status of an applicant or
group of applicants manually to another Status in the process. (i.e. you want to manually submit
an applicant that is still a status of “pending submission”)
1) To change the status from one status to another you must first filter on the Status/Status
Detail that the applicant is in, using the Filter by Status/Status Detail.
2) Select the check box to the left of the applicant’s name that you want to change the status for. You can select one or multiple applicants.
3) Next, in the “Change Status to” or “Status Detail to” drop downs select the new status/status detail you want to move the applicant(s) to.
4) Click the Change Applicant Status/Status Detail button next to the Change Status/Status Detail drop downs, depending on which one you are changing and the applicant will automatically be moved to that status.
5) A Comment box will appear for you to enter the reason for the Status/Status Detail Change. Enter your comment and click Save or Cancel to cancel the Status/Status Detail Change. If you do not want to enter a comment, you will still need to click save to save the change.
7) The Status/Status detail for the applicant will now show the change in the appropriate Status/Status detail column of the Applicant Status Report.
1.6 Viewing the Score Sheet
From the Score Sheet you can see how the applicant has scored for the specific tasks that have been created during the evaluation process. Clicking on the Score Sheet next to the applicant’s name in the Applicant Status Report grid will open the review score sheet details for the applicant showing their current scores.
If you have not created scoring tasks the score card will appear as blank. You can then click on a specific Task Name to view how they were scored on that task.
1) Click the View Application button
2) A table view of the application will appear. If you required applicants to upload documents, scroll down to the bottom of Application Summary to view and download documents.
1.7 Applicant Status Report – Viewing Applicant’s Dashboard/Staff Sections
There are occasions when it is necessary to view the applicant’s dashboard from their perspective and to be able to edit or complete questions within the Section’s.
1) You have created Staff Sections to be completed by Staff.
2) The applicant needs assistance uploading a document to their application or answering a specific question.
2) You need to see the documents that have been uploaded.
3) You need to see who they have recommended for a request section.
3) You need to see if the recommender accepted or declined the request from the applicant.
Note: In order for the administrator to edit an application after the application’s or section’s deadline you will need to make sure that you have set the setting in the Administration Dashboard – Site Settings – Disable Section Locks for Admin: to “Yes”. (The only exception to this is Staff Sections, which can be edited after the deadline, even if not disabled)
3) This will open the Applicant’s Dashboard showing all the icons that are available in the application. Only the sections that the applicant is required to answer will appear. The applicant’s name should be in the header at the top of this dashboard
4) Click on any of the Section Icons to update or view that section. Be cautious in making changes as any change you make is changing their replies in their application. Click Save or Save & Return to Application to save any changes you want to keep prior to leaving the section. If you do not want to save any changes click the Discard changes and return.
5) If you have a Staff Section open that section and complete it from this dashboard.
6) To view the Request Sections – click the Request Sections Button.
9) Click on a document to open it.
1.8 Withdrawing an Application (Admin)
An applicant could also send a request to the grant administrator to withdraw his/her application on his/her behalf. The grant admin can do so.
- From the Home Page click on the Evaluation icon. Select the appropriate application from the list of Applications.
- The following screen will open. Select the Applicant Status Icon.
- Search for the student by using the Search by filter:
- Place a check in the box next to the Preview icon to select the applicant and change the status to Withdrawn.
- The applicant or the grant admin cannot withdraw an application if the application status is:
- Pending Submission
Once the application is withdrawn, the grant administrator will be automatically notified via email. The grant admin must then remove the withdrawn application to the reviewer(s) assignment in the Assign Applicant to Reviewers screen. (Refer to the Evaluation Setup Job Aid for details)
- It is best practice to update the application stage to ‘Complete’ when the assignment(s) are removed to avoid confusion and for appropriate reporting. This should conclude the grant administrator withdrawal tasks.
- Reverse Withdrawal:
- If the applicant withdrew an application by mistake, a request could be sent to grant admin to reverse the withdrawal at the grant administrator’s discretion.
- To do so, the grant admin must log in and go the Applicant Status screen under Evaluation menu, select the applicant and change the status to:
- Submitted’ if the application status was ‘Submitted’ or ‘Under Committee Review’ and the grant admin already removed the applicant review assignment(s).
- ‘Under Committee Review’ if the application status was ‘Under Committee Review’ prior to the withdrawal and the applicant assignment(s) were not yet removed by the grant admin.
- ‘Awarded’ if the application status was ‘Awarded’ prior to the withdrawal.